Known as The Wild Rose Country, Alberta gives access to high standard of living similar to the people already residing in its beauty. Besides, health care system is what you receive being part of Alberta’s strong & steady economy.
There are 3 streams available for an applicant to apply under Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) with their respective requirements to meet.
- Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS)
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS
Eligible applicants must have a valid work permit in their respective occupations whereas post-graduation work permit holders must show educational credentials (degrees/diploma). Following applicants are considered ineligible to apply under AOS.
- Temporary residents staying or working in any other province of Canada other than Alberta.
- Foreign nationals without valid temporary resident status.
- Live-in caregivers in Canada.
An occupation that fits your previous work experience under National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B, C and D is eligible to apply.
Ineligible occupations under AOS
• School principals/administrators
• Secondary/elementary/kindergarten school teachers
• Community managers or correctional services
• Fire fighting chiefs/staffs
• Escort/massage parlor services
• Religion based services
• Painters or related artists
• Court officers and justices of the peace
• Dental laboratory assistants/bench workers
• Real estate agents
• Home child care providers
• Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
• Casino occupations
• Taxi/limousine drivers
• Amusement, recreation park or sports event operators/attendants
• Harvest laborers
• Grounds maintenance laborers
• Aquaculture/marine harvest laborers
• Mine laborers
- Language of English or French is considered via Canadian Benchmark (CLB) and Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) test scores.
- Minimum test score of 4 for each English and French language is required.
- For nurse aides, orderlies and patient service jobs, the AINP requires minimum score of CLB of 7 for English or NCLC of 7 for French language.
- Job applicants of NOC 0, A or B occupation, require minimum of CLB 5 for each English or French languages.
- Official test scores must not be older than 2 years at the time of your application.
Eligible applicants must have completed high school education in self country of origin. Post-Graduation Work Permit holders must meet additional education and occupation requirements in relation to the field of study in Alberta.
The current occupation must match your work experience at the time of your application with following minimum work experience.
- 12 months full-time work experience within the last 18 months before applying.
- 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada and/or abroad within the last 30 months of an application. The experience gained can be a combination of work in Alberta, in Canada and/or abroad.
- 6 months full-time work experience in case of Post-Graduation work permit holders within the last 18 months.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows applicants qualified under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry system.
Applicants will receive a notification of interest before they can apply. Applicants showing strong facts towards the economic development for Alberta will receive a Notification of Interest. Qualified candidates will then be selected from Express Entry pool. Also international graduates are considered under express entry stream.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Self-Employed Farmer stream calls for following criteria.
- Applicants having farm management skills.
- Proof of education, training, work experience and financial documents of an existing farm work.
- Proposed farm business plan for Alberta.
- Proof that any Canadian financial institution will finance your plan.
- Minimum investment of CDN $500,000 for equity, also proving to invest more than the minimum.