The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is suitable for Canada’s temporary foreign workers and graduate students who want to avail PR. CEC is very popular amongst immigrant individuals who are already working and living in Canada.
The structure of CEC makes it ideal especially for students of Canadian institutions who at present are on post-graduation work permits looking to ahead their career.
- Minimum 12 months of full-time or part time skilled work experience in Canada is required prior to 3 years before forwarding an application.
- The work experience in Canada must be gained with proper authorization.
- Language proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing according to job needs.
- Must be willing to live outside the province of Quebec.
Skilled Worker ExperienceSkilled work experience means experience gained under following job levels
- Managerial Jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
- Professional Jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
- Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades (NOC Skill Type B)
EducationThere is no particular education requirement for CEC. But to make additional points under the Express Entry system, an applicant must have
- Canadian Secondary (High School) or Post-Secondary Certificate Diploma/ Degree.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report that shows the applicant education is equal to Canadian education standards. The report is approved by Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).