Manitoba referred to as The Keystone Province is a landscape of mountains, rivers, prairies and forests. Your careers can have limitless growth here, as is a good place for multiple job openings, do business and more.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invites skilled foreign workers, recent graduates, business persons and their families to apply.
The MPNP for skilled workers selects internationally trained and experienced applicants needed in the local labor market. Associated streams under MPNP skilled worker.
- Skilled workers in Manitoba
- Skilled workers overseas
Skilled workers in Manitoba
Here applicants are nominated who show connection in Manitoba through their employment, education, training, and work experience and language skills.
Skilled Workers Overseas
Applicants are nominated based upon an established connection to Manitoba through:
- Support of family members or friends.
- Previous work experience or education in the province
- Invitation received from MPNP as part of a strategic recruitment initiative.
- Submit expression of interest.
- Qualified applicants with Manitoba connection are invited to submit MPNP application.
- After thorough assessment of applicant, the MPNP nominates him/her to make a separate application for permanent resident (PR) visas for them along with family.
Business Investor Stream
Here qualified business investors and entrepreneurs having the intent and ability to start or buy existing businesses in Manitoba are invited. They will be given temporary work permit for a period of first 24 months.
- Entrepreneur Pathway
- Farm Investor Pathway
Entrepreneur stream calls applicants who want to open a business in Manitoba.
- Minimum 3 years full time work experience in the past 5 years as an active business owner or has worked in senior management level. Minimum business ownership of applicants must be at least 33%.
- Language proficiency score of minimum 5 in CLB/NCLC.
- Minimum education Canadian high school or its equivalent.
- Age of applicants from 25 to 49 years is allotted extra points.
- Minimum investment of $250,000 for businesses located in the Manitoba and investment of $150,000 if business located outside Manitoba Capital Region.
- Business to be started in Manitoba must have at least 1 job position reserved for Canadian Citizen or PR in Manitoba (must not be owners of the business or any close relative).
- Business research visit by applicants is required for extensive research purposes on their future investments here. Applicant must visit not earlier than 1 year before submission of EOI.
Adaptability points are awarded if
- Applicant’s spouse shows score of CLB/NCLC 5 or higher.
- Both applicant & spouse show score of CLB/NCLC 5 or higher in second official language.
- Close relative currently resides in Manitoba for more than 1 year.
- Applicant’s children are already studying on a full-time basis for at least 6 months in an accredited Manitoba educational institution before submitting EOI.
- Either applicant & spouse or common-law partner has completed a full-time study in post-secondary institution in Manitoba for at least 1 year. Or they have completed at least 6 months continuous full time employment in Manitoba. A work experience letter from the employer is to be provided in this case.
- Minimum net worth is $500,000.
Farm Investor Pathway
Farm investor stream calls applicants who want to establish and operate a farm in Manitoba.
- Minimum farm business experience of 3 years as farm owner.
- A farm business plan that suits primary agriculture production and is economically viable.
- Language proficiency in either of Canada’s two languages.
- Minimum investment of $300,000.
- Farm business research visit in Manitoba.
- Must stay in Manitoba to participate in the management of farm business.
- Minimum net worth of $500,000.
Ineligible Applicants under MPNP
- Live-in caregivers living in Canada.
- Temporary foreign workers living/working in a province other than Manitoba.
- Spouse of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants earlier refused by the MPNP within the last six months.
- Applicants who already have submitted an immigration application under other PNPs.